r3a9an96r3a9an96

Main Art Reviews Stats

Extraterrestrial Killer Extraterrestrial Killer

Teach me your ways... I'm using the same stuff and had so much difficulty. You have veins in the head, for crying out loud! (I just noticed the YouTube link, so I'm definitely checking that out.)

That is by far the creepiest murderer I've ever seen. I never would have thought to combine the prompts like that and you pulled it off amazingly.

britsie1 responds:

Thank you very much :) The best advice I can give is to keep practicing. I took me a few years to get to this level but I believe anyone can do it with enough determination. Another good tip, especially if you are just starting out, is to use reference. Not for the whole drawing but as much as you can. This helps a lot in figuring out how lighting, shading and textures work. ( Not that I'm an expert at it :P )

Maze Overlord - June 2016 COTM Maze Overlord - June 2016 COTM

Jeez, your lighting effects are amazing!

I'm still new at digital stuff and I kinda use a similar technique with the blurring but I've had to substitute decreasing opacity for the lighting stuff because I haven't figured out how to work the lights in GIMP yet. That was very frustrating for me in mine. I did the same pairing as you and it's really cool to see such a different take on it. My orc is a skinny reject which is why he turned to wizardry and he's summoning the demon from the center of a hedge maze (not a labyrinth) in order to try to make a deal, setting himself on fire in the process. (And summoning a sharknado)

Yours looks absolutely professional in contrast (and in general, actually). I think you have a real shot at the win. Good luck!

Think Happy Thoughts Think Happy Thoughts

His expression is the absolute best. I also like your take on the environment. It feels like it's his conference room that his daughter got into and princess-ified. Superb colors and shading.

PinkPear responds:

Thanks so much! and that was actually what I was going for (: Thought it would be a cute idea.